Table of Contents
International Finance Corporation
International Finance Corporation is strongly committed to protecting personal data. The term “personal data” refers to any information that can identify an individual or that can be use to identify them. This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) defines how we collect personal information from users (“User” or “you”) who access or use the Website (regardless of where they do so).
This Notice applies to the Website only and does not apply to any other IFC or third-party website or application.
Acceptance of Data Protection Rules
What Personal Data Does IFC Collect?
When you admittance or use the Website, we may gather personally identifiable information about you and your interaction with the Website. In particular,
we may collect personal information about you as follows:
Personal Information you Provide
When you access the Site, you may provide personally identifiable information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, job title, and the name of the company you work for. For example, you may choose to provide your information in the following circumstances:
To register or access the Website or certain parts or features of the Website;
- ask for help ;
- to subscribe to or request newsletters or publications;
- Participate in bulletin boards, discussions or forums;
- to participate in or respond to quick surveys, questionnaires or comparative surveys;
- register for events and conferences;
- Contact us for more information;
- to visit our Website when you are log into a social media platform.
Automatic Collection of Personal Information
We may use digital identification technology such as “cookies”, “web beacons”, or pixels (“Tracking Technologies”) on certain pages of our Website. However, the information we collect through these technologies includes your IP address, browser type and language, Access times and referring sites.
Cookies help us provide a more personalized experience on the Website. For example, a cookie can use to store registration information for a section of the Website so that the worker does not have to re-enter it on subsequent visits.
We may also use web analytics providers who may set cookies on your browser. These website analytics providers may combine information about website activity with personal data received from IFC.
Other Tracking Technologies: Tracking technologies from marketing associates, third-party websites, and social media platforms may be use to understand how visitors arrive at our Website from other websites to compile aggregate statistics about guests who interact with our content and to provide more relevant information to our visitors
How does IFC Use the Personal Information it Collects?
We may use the personal information we collect about you for any (or all) of the following purposes:
- It respond to your needs or inquiries, for example, to respond to questions you pose via the “Contact Us” connection on the Website or to confirm your purchases and registrations on the Website, where applicable;
- To contact you regarding IFC events, resources or services that may be available to you;
- To personalize the Website for you, for example, so that you do not have to enter information such as your address more than once or to help you quickly find information relevant to your interests;
Does IFC Share the Personal Data it Collects?
We may part the Personal Data we collect about you as follows:
Institutions of the World Bank Group. To fulfil IFC’s mission as outlined in its Articles of Agreement, we share Personal Data with other WBG institutions.
We may part Personal Data with third parties not affiliated with the GBM. They provide services to us, such as entities that provide us with technical support, data analysis, server operation/website administration, or similar services.
Events and Publications
We may, too, share Personal Data with co-sponsors of IFC occasions and also, publications connected with the Site.
Resources and Compliance
We may use or unveil Personal Data as we see fit in the following circumstances:
- to enforce the terms and conditions of use of the Site, including this Notice;
- to protect and guard our rights and property;
- Protect the interests of IFC or others, and iv) to enable us to obtain remedies or limit damages we may suffer.
How does IFC Protect and Uphold Personal Data Collected Through the Site?
We use reasonable structural, technical and administrative measures to help defend Personal Data collected through the Site to the extent that it is under our control against loss, misuse and unauthorized modification. However, we cannot assure the absolute security of data transmissions over the Internet or data storage system. Therefore, please do not send us personal data that you consider confidential through the Site. In addition, IFC requires that its associates and their service providers adequately protect the privacy and security of Personal Data to which they are given access under Section III of this Privacy Notice.
What Is the International Finance Corporation (IFC)? The International Finance Corporation (IFC) delivers financing for private-enterprise investment in developing countries worldwide through both loans and direct investments.